Sunday, December 20, 2009

Transit shopping & Smittens Part One


I was supposed to go home to Virginia for the holidays but given the weather, my butt is still in the Atl.  In order to entertain myself during my new found free time, I decided on a transit adventure - shopping on MARTA!  So I took the bus from my new house for the second time ever to the station.  MARTA buses are so much better than CCT, no lie. Folks who complain about MARTA need to take a trip to Cobb.


I started my day by hopping on the train to Midtown and had brunch with Two and the AC at J Christopher's.  After brunch, the AC and I headed to the Highlands for a little shopping. Yea, yea, we drove in her car cause it's not transit friendly at all.  But we found the most awesome transit gear at a little craft show.  So I introduce to you Smittens!


Smittens are these really cool scarves that have pockets for your hands. Jen, the creater of the Smittens, said that she had toyed with naming them Bus Stop Buddies, and its the perfect description for them.  Now you have warm hands without fiddling for gloves. And, its a great place to stash your Breeze card.


You can pick up some Smittens at mushbabygifts.etsy.com and support local artisans and public transit! And, most importantly, stay warm!


3 comments:

  1. They need to make Smittens in the MARTA colors. Then I might buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really digging my plaid Smitten. I want matching Smitten footie pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl in cube: I had a feeling you were still in the ATL. w/ all the snow at home. Maybe they make Harley Davidson Smittens.

    ReplyDelete