Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tokens in a down econmy!

MARTA is running the following campaign:
Which is quite awesome.  Turn in your old tokens for trips!  Yay!  I have two tokens, given to me by MARTA, in cute little cases.  I could crack those bad boys up and save myself $4, but I like them.  They're shiny, and were gifts.  Therefore, we'll keep those.

On the other hand, not too long ago I did a search online to buy tokens.  I wanted some to make myself and the Accidental Commuter MARTA necklaces.  I also was going to have a couple made into a pair of cufflinks for One, because these seem like the sort of thing he needs.  Yes, I am that much of a dork.  I found a lot of tokens, 100 tokens for $55.  Plus $4 shipping.  So, I figure, out of the 100 tokens, I need 4, 5 tops.  That leaves me with 95 tokens I could turn in for trips on MARTA.  This is a cost savings of $143.95. 

I think this makes me fiscally conservative, which helps offset the shopping trip I'll post about soon :)

No, I'm not really going to do this, because that would be ripping off MARTA, which is wrong.  So don't get any bright ideas, either.  But I am probably going to start selling MARTA jewelry soon.  :)
blog comments powered by Disqus