Monday, January 11, 2010

Day One of Session!

And the commute north was f*ed!  Normally, MARTA runs pretty true to schedule.  If I make it to Kenisngton by 7:25, then I am guaranteed to make it on the 8:05 10b at least 90% of the time.  Then mornings like today happen.

I am slightly nuerotic about the whole train thing and watch the train's progress like it's my job.  I stress the whole morning until I get on that precious bus.  So this morning when my normal west bound was a little late, of course I stuck to my phone like a transit geek to a documentary about the London Underground.  But it seemed like I was still going to make my north bound to Arts Center.

And then I watched as the arrival of said 302 north bound train got later, and later.  I got to the platform and joined the ever growing crowd waiting and it got later, and later.  A station agent announced that there was a delay on the train to Doraville and you could hear the crowd start to grumble.  When the train finally arrived, only half of the door opened, the operator then announced that he was having mechanical difficulties.  No?!?!?  Really?

The 302 was 13 minutes late.  Compared to some of the stuff I've been reading about WMATA, that's a cake walk, except I missed my bus.  Didn't even see the tail lights missed the bus.  Thankfully (and this is a horrible thing for me to say), the driver on the 10 was leisurely this morning, so I didn't have to wait too long in the cold at CTC.  Why does the 10b stop running at 8:05?!?!?!  O, cause no one rides it. 

So MARTA was in full glory for the start of the session, but we now have a speaker who may actually be worth a damn.  Let's see how the evening commute/ race to the Sierra Club office for a meeting goes!
blog comments powered by Disqus