Monday, January 25, 2010

Not a Street Car

Ta-da!  The light rail car that I have a hard time wanting to call a street car.  I know it's not a street car, but don't forget, I'm not really a transit geek, I'm just surrounded by them.  So I know the difference, kinda, but street car's easier to say.

Anyways, like a good little transit geek, I went to Centennial Park in the cold to check out the CATS S70, on it's way from the Siemens plant to its new home in Charlotte.  And I took some photos (using my Olympus Stylus Waterproof camera, because I care more about durability on the river while kayaking than quality, so if you want quality (and quantity, heaven knows, check out the photos at Atlanta Transit on Flickr taken with  a fancy smancy camera.  We, at Transit Misadventures, are not so fancy smancy.  Or crazy, for that matter ;).


 
 
 
 

Isn't it lovely?  Maybe one day.  But it was awfully nice of them to tease us with that cute Peachtree St sign, though.

You can read more about it on the Saporta Report.

1 comment:

  1. I think the itty bitty people beside the light rail car are adorable.

    ReplyDelete