Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

First commute of the new year and man is it COLD.  17 degrees in the ATL, which is like -20 below here for us.  But the cold won't deter me, no sir.  On the other hand, it seemed to deter some folks, cause ridership on the train was down.  But I got my nice, new, super duper warm North Face coat from my Dad for Christmas and and my Smittens and was nice and warm.  I am from the north, I can prepare for the cold.

In other news, my normal bus driver, Denise, wasn't there today.  The replacement was super friendly, but I had to help him with the route.  I am so cool.  However, homeboy announced, on the PA, that he hopes God blessed us.  Do buses have to adhere to that whole separation of church and state thing?  O, nevermind, CCT isn't state funded.  Ha!

Speaking of which, did you know that the Georgia legislative session starts next Monday, the 11th?  Start harassing your representatives!  We need funding for transit like fish need water.  We need water, too, but this is a transit blog.  And I'm SO good to you, here's the address to find out who to contact and how:

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/
blog comments powered by Disqus