Monday, January 4, 2010

Transit shopping Part Two

Yea, yea, it took a while for me to get back to this.  The holidays are a busy time for me, particularly this year.  Crazy weather, crazy great grandmother, new Aunt.  But I just realized the irony of that blog title, because part two of my adventures stars, that's right folks, Two!

Two and I both wanted to do a bit of Christmas shopping, so once the AC and I were done, I met back up with Two to hit *gasp* the suburbs!  Whoo!  We needed a particular store for a present from his lady friend ;)  I was looking forward to shopping on MARTA, I'd never tried it before, and like a glutton for punishment, was stoked about lugging my loot around on the train.  That's how real transit folks do it, right? 

Following a potty break and Camper stop-off at his place, Two and I hopped on the train at Midtown to head up to the Perimeter.  And we were promptly kicked off the train one stop up at Arts Center.  They never told us why, or how long the disruption would be for, just to get off the train, it was going back down the line.

Come to find out, there had been some sort of flood of epic Noah proportions (maybe I exaggerate) between Arts Center and Lindburgh so folks were being directed on to buses to be ferried between the stations.  Not knowing when the second great flood of 09 would subside, Two saved the day by getting a Zipcar.  

I did haul my goods back on MARTA to get home that evening, though.
blog comments powered by Disqus