Monday, January 11, 2010

Snowpolozia 2010!

Since everyone has to have thier own moniker to protect the innocent, and those folks who may work for a transit authority, I'm now going to refer to MF as Cabbie since he's too good for the WMATA and takes a cab or walks everywhere.  Anyways, Cabbie made the comment that he was going to anxiously wait by the computer for news on how MARTA and the ATL handle Snowpolozia 2010 - our big blizzard of the new decade.  Well Cabbie, here is your post. 



We got one heck of a wicked storm!  PS - I have no idea why only my side of the street got snow, I guess because the clouds hate the neighbors?  So we blanketed with half an inch of glorious white stuff.  Which promptly shut the city down.

My office was closed for the day, the radio and tv was advising folks to stay in and off the roads, and I decided to attend an alumni dinner by hopping on a bus.  I walked down to the bus stop, just a little treacherous, and waited on my bus.  There was a couple on the other side of the road arguing, he was accusing her of misleading him as to what time the bus was coming.  Aw heck, this does not bode well for me.  I waited, and waited, and the time for my bus came and passed.  Then I called customer service.  Sure enough, there was an announcement, service was delayed due to the weather.

There were stories of folks rearending MARTA buses, buses sliding down hills, and One said his bus driver would just put the brakes on and slid to a stop at the bottom of Peters.  What fun.  I kinda hate I don't have my own bus story to tell, cause my butt walked back to the house and drove the .8 of a mile to the station.


3 comments:

  1. You could have just walked the rest of the 0.8 miles, you are a tough chick that should have been a cake walk for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except my leg still hurts from where I broke it and ice skating on Cambleton is not my idea of fun. Not to mention that is a bad neighborhood, and at night. Ice skating with a 40 is not my idea of smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on which kind of 40 you are referring. A 40 S&W or a 40-ounce bottle of your favorite malted alcoholic beverage.

    Both can be dangerous. . . but interesting.

    ReplyDelete