Monday, November 9, 2009

Atlanta Magazine Survey

Atlanta has it's own magazine (I know, I was impressed, too) and both One and Two subscribe.  Between their respective places, I may actually read the whole thing.  This month is the the Singles issue - everything you need to know about being single in the Hotlanta.  As a side note, it says one great place to meet people is through Hands On Atlanta - this is what the Accidental Commuter and I have been saying forever!  Barring that you're of the male persuasion, because the ratio at HoA tends to be very estrogen-heavy.  But it is how the AC and I met, and now we're tight hetero-life partners and I simply can not live without her.

Following that awesome gush-fest, you may be asking yourself how this is transit related.  Well, my friends, the fine folks at the Atlanta magazine had themselves a little survey, and one great question was:

If someone asked you out at one of the following places, would you accept?
MARTA train: 43%
MARTA bus stop: 18%

So I ask you, would you accept a date offer at one of the two places?  I would imagine that the AC and I would give a completely different response than One or Two would.  To me, it would be highly unlikely.  In a hypothetical world were I didn't know them, I might even be forced to turn down One or Two if they asked me out on the train, but especially at the bus stop (sorry, fellas) cause that's just a little creepy.  I guess it is better than being approached at the MJQ Meat Market, but really.  I don't think a bus stop is any sort of place to pick up dates.  Maybe I would feel differently if some high caliber of dude actually asked, like the hot MARTA dad or One & Two, but the guys that do, ew, no.

4 comments:

  1. I got asked out on the subway in the center of New York. Of course I was married, which didn't bother her apparently. But if I were single I would have gone with it. In hindsight though, the fact that she approached and then asked out a person in dress clothes carrying a Springfield XD-45 handgun might have been a revealing look at her sanity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyrQnA3yG_k&feature=related

    Minute 4:45. Dating in Atlanta has been rough for quite some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always been rough for the girls, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm confused. Was the gun visible?

    ReplyDelete