Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Come Ride the Polar Express!!!

My office is having a holiday decorating contest (coworkers who read this blog - don't be stealing our ideas!) and my department has picked a theme - the Polar Express.  I kid you not.  Don't look at me like that, I didn't suggest it.  Our AVP, BK, did.  But it means that I get to draw a train.

I was an art major in undergrad, so train drawing is loads of fun.  But this isn't any ole train, no sir, it's five cars long and the cars are a little over 7 feet long by 5 feet high each.  That, my friends, is a big train!

Lucky for me, I am surrounded by a wealth of train knowledge and resources, so I bummed some books from One for models to draw my train.  I'm sure that you're shocked, but he has LOADS of train books, and some even have pictures!  He didn't actually own the Polar Express though.  Says it's a children's book.  I don't see the problem here.  But trying to draw a train with One around, geez.  He got all technical on me, says passenger cars don't have cabooses.  Like I care, it's more artistically pleasing.  And they're called tenders not coal cars.  Psst.  Not like I work at Amtrak, so we're not so technical.

But I'll post pictures of my progress, because frankly, I wanna.  So you have to suffer through it.:)
blog comments powered by Disqus