Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Performance Anxiety

I don't know how to follow up that last post.  It's just daughting.  I mean, The Boob Tap got more hits than any other post I've yet to write, followed in close second by me getting attacked by a homeless dude at Five Points.  I'm not sure what that says about y'all.

For the most part, my rides this week have been rather uneventful, my buses timely.  In fact, the new dude on the 10b in the mornings gets us to work early.  I'm not sure this is a good thing.  Some bus driver has hit the MARTA number 12 bus shelter at Cumberland.  The roof is bent up.  The bus last night had some jacked up tires.  All in all, a pretty good week so far.

But I have been getting hit on a lot lately.  Dudes have apparently not taken my MARTA Dating Advice to heart.  I got one fella, Dwayne, who introduced himself.  He was nice.  But I was reading.  One guy who gets points for checking out my tats and asking what they said.  And one dude who needs to be taken out back and shot.  For real.  This old man had the following conversation with me, while I was reading my book, no less:

"You smell good."
"Uh, thanks."
"You got a man."
"Yup."
"Your man black?"
"Ah, no."
"You want a black man?"
"I'm good, thanks."
"I'll be your black man.  I'll make you squirt.  Your man make you squirt?"

Dude, really?  That is not how you pick up chicks.  Not at all.  I mean, does any self-respecting woman fall for that?  Ew.  Just ew.

I'm kinda embarassed for posting this.  But it happened.

Ew.
blog comments powered by Disqus